Our Testnet Episode 14.X is live!
Episode 14.X (14.1) of our Testnet is bringing some BREAKING changes. Therefore, before going into the updates, please check the instructions below, since they are very important. If you want to understand the scale of those changes, you can follow this link and see that we deleted more 21,000 lines of code and added more than 27,000.
Before going into the list of changes, instructions, and our latest figures, we wanted once more to thank all the community for its support for over a year already (14 months to be precise). With the first projects starting to build on Massa, improving our communication and the launch of an Alpha and then Beta version of our Ambassadorship program, we believe figures are going to continue to increase and hope to please you.
Finally, because everyone waits for it: our testnet is live. scoring should start (but it is NOT SURE YET), on Monday, September 19 2022, 09:40 UTC. Scoring should stop on Thursday, September 29 2022, 10:08 UTC. Why is it not sure yet about the beginning of the scoring? Due to the numerous changes in our code, we need first to monitor that there are no bugs or new memory leak. Also, as you can see, we launched for the first time the testnet with already 3,000 tx/s (!!!).
Instructions to follow for this Episode:
- Please do a fresh installation from scratch with the latest version (!!!)
- Do not use your current wallet and address
- Follow the install doc: https://docs.massa.net/en/latest/testnet/install.html
CRITICAL: for those who had installed the bugged TEST.14.0, please delete the storage/peers.json file or you might have banned the bootstrap nodes.
Most important changes:
- Massive increase in performances
- Change on the API, at the endpoint level
- As soon as there is an execution failure at the level of an operation, an event is emitted, which makes it possible to trivialize the errors
- Client output changed
To see the full (and massive list) of changes, please follow this link.
Conclusion of the Episode 13, figures:
- Nodes: 7000+
- Transaction Throughput: 0 tx/s (we did not send transactions during Episode 13 due to a memory leak, fixed with Episode 14)
- Block Throughput: 1.99 b/s
Our community figures:
- 3900 followers on Telegram
- 7400+ followers on Twitter
- 24000+ members on Discord
- 441+ followers on Medium
- 1000+ registered for our future newsletters
- 130+ followers on Reddit
- 13 non-official communities (+4)
- We announced our first partnership, with Plaine Images for a call for projects to be built on Massa
- We sent our first Newsletter for our subscribers, announcing the first AMM building on Massa, Dusa, as well as a first game, Star Origins.
- We prepared our Beta of the Ambassadorship program, news to be released soon.
Massa is a high-performance blockchain designed to be truly decentralized from the start. Massa testnet was released in July 2021, providing an easy way for anyone to test our protocol, and has been constantly improving since then.
- Website: massa.net
- Testnet explorer: test.massa.net
- Documentation: https://docs.massa.net/
- Source code and tutorials: github.com/massalabs/massa
- Telegram: t.me/massanetwork
- Discord: discord.gg/massa
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MassaLabs
- Reddit: reddit.com/r/massa/
- Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UChVfdvYpn0eFk4B-T7TGmOg